FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Milk Allergy

Cheese please

<< < (2/3) > >>

SilverLining:
The store we do trunk drops since pandemic started does not sell Daiya. Since we had to go to a different store this week I picked up a few. Cheddar block and shredded mozzarella.

Tried the block today to make some grilled cheese sandwiches, and also cut a small piece to just eat.

The colour was very good, as was the smell. It smelled like cheddar cheese. The taste...not perfect, but not bad. Usually I put a bit of garlic salt on my grilled cheese, but I wanted to try this without it. It needs flavours added. But I can see using it on nachos, tacos, or pizza. Well....the mozzarella cheese for the pizza.

PurpleCat:
Found frozen Diaya pizzas on sale this week.  Have not tried them yet, but next time we order pizza, I get to have some with "cheese" too!

spacecanada:
Please be careful with Daiya products if you have a milk allergy. Not all of their products are made in a milk-free facility. They have great customer service and can tell you which ones are made in a shared facility, and shared lines, if you call. (The shreds themselves are okay, last I checked... but they added potato - gah!)

SilverLining:
Has anyone tried https://violifefoods.com/en_ca/ ?

It appears safe, even for my allergens. (Does have potato starch is some, not sure about all.) Since I don’t think it’s available at either of the stores I shop at I haven’t really looked into it to much. Just thought others might be interested.

spacecanada:
I have looked into it before but the potato kept me from trying it.  It looks promising, and someone in my local allergy group recommended it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version