Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Vegan Cheez Sauce  (Read 116 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Vegan Cheez Sauce
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »
https://vegan-canteen.com/

Came across this, thought some here might be interested.

Soy Free     Gluten Free     Nut Free     Oil Free

From the FAQ page:

Is the cheeze powder made in a gluten free facility?

We were working from a gluten free facility but this was leading to issues with proximity to other allergens. At this point our vegan cheeze is gluten free but not produced in a gluten-free facility. As a small startup we have to find a certain balance.

~~~~~

As with all products I post about, I make no money from posting this.

Offline spacecanada

Re: Vegan Cheez Sauce
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »
There was some issue with this product in our local allergy group.  They say 'nut free' but also have a 'may contain nuts, egg, and milk' on the packaging... Their email reply was neither satisfying or reassuring.  *sigh*  It was reported to CFIA for labelling conflicts (stating free from and may contain for the same allergen is illegal) but I din't know what came of it. 
I don't know what I'm allergic to anymore... the list keeps growing.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »
I wonder if thatís why they changed facilities.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »
I wonder if thatís why they changed facilities.
As of today, the packaging still has contradictory labelling, but I hope they've made some changes and the packaging will be updated soon.  I haven't reached out to them since May this year.
I don't know what I'm allergic to anymore... the list keeps growing.