FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Flinstones Vitamins with Iron - now contain wheat  (Read 3813 times)

Description:

Offline YouKnowWho

Flinstones Vitamins with Iron - now contain wheat
« on: November 15, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »
Flinstones Vitamins with Iron

We don’t generally do vitamins but when DS1 seems to be more tired (teen boy, 15), we would give Flinstones Vitamins with Iron.  I ordered a new bottle early on during shelter in place orders but we were still working on old bottle.  Opened new bottle in August and DS1 has had a handful.  But he has also been dealing with periodic issues of feeling like he had ingested an allergen.  Never an outright clear reaction but feeling borderline off.  Given food supply issues, I wondered if it was shared lines that were not being labeled. 

Last night my daughter is reading vitamin bottle at the dinner table - in the smallest writing, says it contains wheat.  Apparently they were reformulated in February 2020 and while the wheat risk is small per company, I disagree. And the labeling made it almost impossible to read.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline spacecanada

Re: Flinstones Vitamins with Iron - now contain wheat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 04:11:40 PM »
Things like this, and adding a priority allergen no less, just make me ask ‘why?’ 

We have had several safe products become unsafe in the past two or three years.  :-[
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline catelyn

• typing is not exercise
    • my diy blog
Re: Flinstones Vitamins with Iron - now contain wheat
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 09:05:12 PM »
Annoying.  The stupid small labels are well stupid.