login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Looking for kids and teens to join Camp Blue Spruce allergy clubs!  (Read 1044 times)

Description: It's free. Come join!

Offline GingerPye

Hi, all!  My DD has multiple food allergies, as some of you may remember.  She's all grown up now!

She has been working for Camp Blue Spruce, the overnight camp for food-allergic kids in Oregon.  She was a counselor for summer two years ago, and she's been employed with them ever since.

The teen book club will be discussing this book virtually:  The Ultimate Guidebook for Teens with Food Allergies - from Food Allergy Canada.   Is your teen interested in talking with other food-allergic teens?  This book club is sponsored by FARE!  She will send to you a copy of the book before meeting!

Also - she hosts virtual clubs for 3rd-5th graders:  Allergy Pals . . . and for 6th-8th graders:  Allergy Allies.  Is your child interested in talking with other kids who also have food allergies? Winter Session registration deadline is Friday, January 22nd!

For MORE INFO - check the attachments, below. Register here!  Also, find more info at www.campbluespruce.org

Feel free to ask me questions, as well.  I'm a Proud Mama.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:34:31 PM by GingerPye »
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Looking for kids and teens to join Camp Blue Spruce allergy clubs!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:52:10 PM »
That is so awesome!  I wish I knew someone who could benefit from these experiences.  They would have been great for DD when she was younger and feeling isolated.

Offline GingerPye

Re: Looking for kids and teens to join Camp Blue Spruce allergy clubs!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:24:37 AM »
DD had more kids sign up for the Allergy Pals and Allergy Allies clubs- she is very pleased!

She still needs more teens for the book club.  They have a great time at the book club meetings . . . and participating teens will receive a free book beforehand.
Sponsored by FARE!  Please pass it on!  Sign up until February 15.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...