FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Bob’s Red Mill  (Read 1510 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Bob’s Red Mill
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:05:03 PM »
Does Bob’s Red Mill label for cross contamination with allergens? Specifically concerned with peanut/nut and sesame seed.

TIA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Bob’s Red Mill
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »
The last time I checked, no. But that was probably at least 10 years ago, so worth another ask.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »
From 2020. Nothing they make is safe for me, but I was checking in for my clients going to Walt Disney World.

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We currently have three facilities where our products are made: two on-site segregated milling & packaging rooms and an offsite facility where our Bob’s Bars are packaged and produced. Our on-site facilities include a dedicated Gluten Free Facility and a Conventional Facility. Nothing enters our Gluten Free Facility without having been tested for gluten cross contact.  If you do not see our Gluten Free Symbol on the front of the package, then the product was packaged in our Conventional Facility. 

Our Conventional Facility processes almonds, coconut, walnuts, soy, wheat, corn, milk, oats, and sesame seeds.

Our Gluten Free Facility processes almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, coconut, macadamia nuts, soy, oats, sesame seeds, and corn ingredients.

Our new line of Bob’s Bars are produced and packaged in an off-site facility that handles wheat, peanuts, egg, soy, milk, and tree nuts (tree nuts may include but not limited to: walnuts, pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, and pistachios). The bars are tested for the presence of gluten by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, a branch of the Gluten Intolerance Group. You can identify these select products by the GFCO logo on the product packages.

Each manufacturing facility follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and follows allergen control strategies to minimize the potential cross contact of food allergens. These practices include, but are not limited to: HACCP training, separation of like materials, and sanitation. In our on-site facilities, we clean our machinery thoroughly with high-pressure air and vacuums between each production run, inspecting and validating cleanliness before a new product is introduced. When a new product is introduced, we flush the lines, donating or discarding the first 20 pounds of product per lot before beginning the new packaging process.

Despite these precautions, we are unable to guarantee that cross-contact has not occurred because of airborne and proximity issues and because our products run on shared production lines. We only test for the presence of gluten (not traces of tree nuts, etc.) in items that are produced in our Dedicated Gluten Free Facility and the facility where our Bob’s Bars are produced.

We have hundreds of products. If you have a concern about a common or uncommon allergen and that ingredient is used in one of our facilities, it is possible for cross contact to occur. If you need more information regarding allergens, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-349-2173 and we are happy to offer additional assistance.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 11:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the responses.

I’ll pass on their products.