imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Unorthodox Clinic Seeks to Upend Allergy Treatment  (Read 2315 times)

Description: TIP

Offline GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

Re: Unorthodox Clinic Seeks to Upend Allergy Treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:42:59 PM »
I know a few people that go here for treatment, and have been able to travel there (from Canada!) even through COVID times.

However, I don't like how the patients and their families keep pushing it on others as a 'miracle cure', making us feel guilty for not trying it. And then don't really answer questions others have. It seems like there is a shroud of mystery, and no initial confirmation of an allergy, and those two factors rub me the wrong way.

This article aligns with what these patients have said, and adds significantly more information, at least. I'm glad you posted this link, thank you.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 06:31:43 AM »
SC, I think the methodology is really interesting and compelling, but the things you mentioned plus the lack of peer review rub me wrong as well. I wish he would have cooperated with Drs. Sicherer and Nadeau, for instance. It was an interesting read.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
It's always interesting to read about other treatments and hope that, someday, they will be successful and widely available. This programme sounds very interesting. I also wish he was willing to cooperate with the other top allergists.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum