Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Cooked veggies to eat cold

(1/1)

SilverLining:
I cannot eat raw fruit/veggies. This makes healthy snacking difficult.

Are there cooked veggies that are good cold? I canít really do much with spices etc. But cooking with garlic and green onion seems safe for me.

Even cooked veggies, right now there are not many I can eat, but Iím trying to add some.

spacecanada:
I like corn on the cob cooked, cut from the cob, and eaten cold later on, like in salsa. Other veggies I don't mind cooked and cooled, with some seasoning include carrots, green beans, mushrooms, zucchini, and kale chips. Sweet potato or squash can be really yummy if you add a little maple syrup and oil to make a dessert pudding type thing (I think it tastes like pie filling), or some sort of broth to make a cold soup.

Good luck!

SilverLining:
I cooked up some squash, carrots, and celery and planned to keep some to try cold tomorrow. But, it was really good and we ate it all. Lol.

I think I have some edamame in the freezer. Might cooks them up and keep to snack on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version