login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cooked veggies to eat cold  (Read 1429 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Cooked veggies to eat cold
« on: July 17, 2021, 07:19:41 AM »
I cannot eat raw fruit/veggies. This makes healthy snacking difficult.

Are there cooked veggies that are good cold? I can’t really do much with spices etc. But cooking with garlic and green onion seems safe for me.

Even cooked veggies, right now there are not many I can eat, but I’m trying to add some.

Offline spacecanada

Re: Cooked veggies to eat cold
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 11:40:11 AM »
I like corn on the cob cooked, cut from the cob, and eaten cold later on, like in salsa. Other veggies I don't mind cooked and cooled, with some seasoning include carrots, green beans, mushrooms, zucchini, and kale chips. Sweet potato or squash can be really yummy if you add a little maple syrup and oil to make a dessert pudding type thing (I think it tastes like pie filling), or some sort of broth to make a cold soup.

Good luck!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline SilverLining

Re: Cooked veggies to eat cold
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 08:47:11 PM »
I cooked up some squash, carrots, and celery and planned to keep some to try cold tomorrow. But, it was really good and we ate it all. Lol.

I think I have some edamame in the freezer. Might cooks them up and keep to snack on.