FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FARE WEBINAR - Navigating FA’s in Medical, Elder Care and Correctional Facilitie  (Read 786 times)

Description: Free!

Offline GoingNuts

Navigating Food Allergies in Medical, Elder Care, and Correctional Facilities: Disability Laws and Your Rights

Presenters
Laurel Francoeur
Mary Vargas

Date: Monday, December 6, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET

REGISTER TODAY

Summary: Food allergy management poses unique challenges for patients receiving hospital care, residents of nursing homes or assisted living communities, and individuals who are incarcerated. Injury or illness can make it difficult for hospital patients and care facility residents to communicate about their food allergies, and imprisonment also limits communications and choices. Medical, elder care, and prison facilities must make modifications to create and maintain a safe environment for individuals under their care. In the final webinar of our five-part series on food allergy patient rights, we will discuss the rights of patients, seniors and prisoners with food allergies and learn what the law requires of these often large and complex institutions to ensure safe food allergy management practices.

Registration is FREE, and all registrants will receive a recording of the webinar.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

Ooh, this would be a very interesting presentation. Did anyone attend? Although the facility I work in does not provide meals, the adjacent hospital does. It worries me to ever be in a situation where I am forced to eat food prepared by others.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum