FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Left over oatmeal?

(1/2) > >>

SilverLining:
I cook oatmeal almost every morning. The recipe that works best for me results in some being thrown out.  Does anyone have any ways to use left over oatmeal?

I’ve googled and seen a few suggestions for adding it to cookies or buns. Anyone ever try anything like that? Or any other successes?

hedgehog:
I usually make a few days' worth of oatmeal at a time.  I just refrigerate it, then reheat what I want.  It lasts at least a few days that way.

SilverLining:
How do you reheat? Stovetop or micro? Add liquid?

hedgehog:
Usually microwave.  If it's on the thick side I add a small amount of liquid, but I don't always do that.

GoingNuts:

--- Quote from: hedgehog on February 01, 2022, 10:09:14 AM ---I usually make a few days' worth of oatmeal at a time.  I just refrigerate it, then reheat what I want.  It lasts at least a few days that way.

--- End quote ---
Same here. Oatmeal comes out best when made in a large quantity, so I make enough for about 4-5 days in the Instant Pot, then reheat with a little milk in the microwave. I use steel cut oats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version