login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Libre Naturals - Closed  (Read 879 times)

Description: My heart is broken

Offline spacecanada

Libre Naturals - Closed
« on: October 31, 2022, 10:55:57 PM »
Libre Naturals sent the following email today:
Libre Naturals is Now Permanently Closed

It's with heavy hearts that we announce the permanent closure of Libre Naturals, originally begun 20 years ago as Nonuttin' Foods.

Since the Covid-19 Pandemic began but even moreso over the last 10 months, we've been hit by one thing after the other from losing an allergy-safe protein supply for our protein bars to 6 weeks of shut down due to water damage.  That's added on top of what all small businesses are experiencing from labor shortages to huge supply, freight and interest costs.

Despite our best efforts, the burden has become too great on the health of our family and our employees and we have made the extremely difficult decision to close our doors.

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support of our family company over so many years.  We are truly privileged to have been allowed to serve our food allergic community.  Our goal was always to help families like ours and even though it didn't end the way we wanted, we hope that we have made an impact.

We wish you all a safe, healthy and amazing future as we all move on to a new chapter.

The Elliott Family

This is the one company I have consistently relied on since early in my diagnosis. Their granola is all I have eaten for days at a time after a reaction and losing trust in food. Their oatmeal cups and granola bars kept me fed on many vacations. I am truly at a loss. They left a giant gap in the allergy safe food world. I shed many tears tonight. (Many of our trusted brands have been lost in the past few years.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 09:49:59 PM by spacecanada »
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Libre Naturals - Closed
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 07:45:45 AM »
Oh SC, that sucks!

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Libre Naturals - Closed
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 08:09:13 AM »
I’m sorry SC. That really is a big loss.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US