FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Seattle and Vancouver  (Read 3467 times)

Description:

Offline DoubleAs

Seattle and Vancouver
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »
Anybody with restaurant recommendations for Seattle and Vancouver, BC?  Ideally a place that doesn't use tree nuts, but if they do you feel comfortable with their allergy awareness/training.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Stinky10

Re: Seattle and Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »
What type of restaurant are you looking for?  And by Seattle - do you mean Seattle or the general area?  I don't deal with TNA but there should be a lot of options for you.
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »
Not too picky with regard to type of restaurant -- it's my 11-year-old who has the allergy, so nothing super fancy.  He's a good eater and open to all kinds of food.  We're going to be in Seattle proper (staying near Pike Place market) and then driving to Vancouver.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »
That's right near where I work....but I don't deal with tree nut allergy...

This restaurant would be good for a nice dinner

http://www.assaggioseattle.com/

was very attentive with ds's peanut allergy,  there is a Red Robin on the waterfront - near the ferris wheel

There are a lot of Tom Douglas' restaurants around... LOLA is good for breakfast/brunch - again I don't deal with tree nut allergy - he also has Pizza restaruants  - Serious Pie (oh so very good)

The Pink Door - in post alley was good with PA - I know that they have hazelnuts in a dessert - and I think another tree nut in a salad

If you like sushi - Japonesa is great and very reasonable

The Virginia Inn has a great burger and I think if they weren't crowded I would trust them

The Bisquit b**** has peanut butter but I don't think any treenuts - good cheap breakfast - limited menu
Jimmy Johns delivers

if you like Mexican there is a little kiosk in the market that does a $5 plate of three soft tacos - very good and I don't THINK they have any nuts

There are handmade donuts in the market and the ladies assure me no peanuts - I haven't asked about treenuts - I haven't seen any though

I would trust some of the higher end places - The Steelhead Dinner, Matt's at Market (need reservation)

I'll keep an eye on this or pm me if you have questions...

in addition to nuts....there is also THIS

http://www.dinegerous.com/

Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
Thanks -- I'll check these places out.  The taco plate at the market sounds especially appealing :-)

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
Thought I'd post an update in case it's helpful to others...we discovered a nut-free restaurant -- Rocky Mountain Flatbread -- great food and they were awesome with my son's egg allergy as well. There's also a nut-free, vegan bakery called Fairy Cakes. They have limited hours Thursday thru Sunday only, but it was the first time my son could go to a bakery and eat anything he wanted :-)

Online spacecanada

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
As far as chain restaurants go, if they have them close to where you will be in Vancouver, Moxies restaurants are highly viewed in the allergy community and Panago pizza places are all nut free and peanut free.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 08:56:11 AM »
I'm calling up the old Seattle thread to do some research on the previous listed restaurants.  We are planning a trip right after Christmas.  Found a great blog about nut free eating...

https://emsnutfreeeats.com/allergy-friendly-restaurant-guide-seattle/

After reading her recommendations, it makes me wonder why haven't we gone sooner!  Will also need dairy free options for DD, but based on this list I don't think this is going to be difficult to feed everyone.