FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Space Camp  (Read 810 times)

Description: Huntsville, Alabama

Offline spacecanada

Space Camp
« on: November 06, 2022, 09:55:07 PM »
This space nerd recently returned home from another adventure at US Space Camp, located within the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. I was extremely impressed with their allergy awareness and catering protocols for special diets. Everything is prepared and stored separately to prevent cross contact. Gloves are changed and hands are washed before touching special diets meals. The catering staff even went through their pantry to find additional foods I could eat beyond the simple salads I requested.

The staff at the public cafe are similarly trained to the ones serving the camp participants. If you have questions, call ahead or ask the staff on site and they can get you the specialty items.

If you are looking for an allergy-aware summer camp or day trip destination for the family, I highly recommend them!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Space Camp
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 05:31:29 PM »
Yeah!  I'm so glad they could accommodate your allergies.

Offline hedgehog

Re: Space Camp
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 08:12:40 AM »
I'm so happy for you that you got to go.  And that you didn't have the worry and stress about what to safely eat, so you could enjoy your experience there.
USA