login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Any experience with Air France  (Read 811 times)

Description:

Offline maeve

Any experience with Air France
« on: January 20, 2023, 03:19:43 AM »
I searched the Airlines thread. Does anyone have experience flying Air France? The kiddo is currently in France. She traveled to Europe on Delta. She flew from BWI to JFK and then from JFK to Edinburgh. She had no problems. They allowed her to board early. She packed her own food. She found the transatlantic crew a little less helpful; she didn't hear them make an announcement. When she asked people around her to not eat nuts, they were very nice about it.

Delta code shares with Air France and the return flight is a nonstop on Air France. At this point I can't really change the flights. It's amazing how few direct flights there are despite at least one daily flying over my house (we live under the flight path of Dulles--particularly the international departures flight path). She flies back on the 28th.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Any experience with Air France
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »
My Air France experience is not current, it’s from 2015 so it’s probably irrelevant.  I have to ask DS, but  as I recall there was no announcement, but the flight attendants hovered over him to the point he found it annoying. Of course he ate his own food, and I think they had some nut free prepackaged snacks, but I’m not sure. On the way back we loaded up on food in Warsaw, and there were no issues. (We flew NY to Paris on Air France, and Larks to Warsaw on Lot Polish, which was a fabulous airline, BTW).
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline maeve

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 04:02:33 PM »
GoingNuts
Thanks.

USA-Virginia

Offline maeve

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
The kiddo has just landed and is waiting to go through Customs. I’ll get a debrief soon. She made it home safely.

USA-Virginia