login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What did you put in your child's lunch today?: Inquiring minds want to know  (Read 21205 times)

Description: LINK

Offline Janelle205

Just packed DH's lunch.  He isn't a child, but he really should eat with a bib, so I'm going to count it.

Mostly leftovers from party this weekend.
Sweet and spicy meatballs
Vegetable crudite with homemade ranch bacon green onion dip
Strawberries, kiwi, pineapple and a clementine
Cheese (Muenster and Cheddar) and crackers

Offline Janelle205

This was DH's lunch today.  May or may not work for kids, but my kids would eat it and a lot of kids like "dipping" foods.

Just a container of guacamole and a bunch of stuff to dip in it.  Carrots, sliced bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, tortilla chips and some waffle pretzels, grilled chicken strips and some pepper jack cheese cut into sticks.  Stuck a plum in there as well.

He was a big fan, said he would have it again.  Pretty low prep (I would probably use leftover homemade guac if I did it again, I just happened to have a container of the good premade kind that needed to be used.)  Other than that, just chicken on the George Foreman and slicing.  Keeps well with an ice pack, doesn't need to be reheated, can be eaten relatively easily while doing other work.

Offline Janelle205

I know there are few people that are still packing kid lunches, but these could be helpful for anyone, I think.  I pack everyone DS, DD and DH's lunch between q2 nebs overnight when I'm sick so I can focus on important things during the day, DSD mostly fends for herself with my help.  I pack lunch boxes in one section black/clear lid food prep containers.  My kids will eat typically warm foods cold and be happy about it.

DD (currently having tummy issues): Peach Greek yogurt, quarter of a grilled cheese, leftover french fries (yes, she is all about cold FFs), a few quartered grapes.

DS: Chipotle quesadillas (he will eat these cold) - leftover chipotle bowl mixture and cheese made into a quesadilla and sliced, half pickle, ritz sour cream and onion cracker chips, fresh strawberries.

DH: Cream cheese veggie wrap - chive and onion cream cheese spread on a tortilla, filled with spinach, thinly sliced carrot, broccoli, corn salad, chili lime shaved broccoli relish, green onion, red onion, cilantro and diced avocado.  Pepper Jack cheese stick, whole pickle, craisins, grapes.