Dave and Buster's Maple Grove

Started by luci, September 27, 2012, 12:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luci

We recently attended a kids birthday party at Dave and Buster's in Maple Grove, MN.

This is a place with a video arcade surrounded by a bar/restaurant, and also has private banquet rooms.  I called ahead to speak with the manager who told me they had all sorts of training on food allergies. He told me what was safe for our peanut/tree nut allergic son.   He said they'd try to substitute for anything he couldn't have that was on the "birthday party menu".

When we got there they seated us in a party room.  There were 2 servers and a head server for our small party of 12.  The head server talked to us about the menu again, and then made sure that she personally went to the kitchens to order the food.  The food was prepared on separate, new cookware, and served on his own separate plates (not the family style plates that were coming out of the kitchens).  The substitution was fresh fruit instead of the fries (possible x-contamination).  Even with the fruit the head server explained that some of the fruit was prepped and held on a line that had nuts so she went to the refrigerators and got new strawberries for the fruit plate.

I was so impressed with the efforts this place went to to give us something safe to eat.  They could have just not made the effort as did almost every other restaurant we have been to for other birthday parties.

We did not have the dessert, because we moved the party home for birthday cake.

It was just so nice (and novel) to go to a restaurant where I felt they made every effort to take care of us, and that I couldn't have done it any better.

I would recommend this place as a venue to hold a birthday party, but they say it's mostly for adults later in the evening(we were there from 5 - 7pm).

Mezzo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview