FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Burgerville (Pacific NW Chain)  (Read 10923 times)

Description: ***

Offline Ra3chel

Re: Burgerville (Pacific NW Chain)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »
Wallawalla onion rings are here... mmmmMMMMmmmmmmMMMmmmmMMMmmmm...

And while strawberry sundaes/shakes are gone, the RASPBERRY versions are here. 

(I'm merely biding my time, waiting for that few short weeks in August when there will be.... blackberry. )   :thumbsup:

All of that sounds so yummy.  I wish we had something like Burgerville in the Mid-Atlantic.  Instead we're the birthplace of the peanut-happy Five Guys. :(

They're just taunting us with talk of things like Blackberry Milkshakes.

And BTW, Rita's is no longer a destination.  They've added nutty stuff.   :tongue:

No, no, it's raspberry right now. I had one for dinner the other day.  ;D
The 3 is silent.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
Gloating is so...

ugly

sweet.   ;D

No, really.  DD tried the raspberry as a sundae, btw, and recommends the milkshakes over that route.  Strawberry is for sundaes.  Cane berries, apparently, for shakes.    I have to agree; blackberry shakes could pretty much comprise their own raison d'etre IMO.

Besides, this is really luring, isn't it?  Gloating would be if there were no way for others to have what we love.  This is just a plane ticket away.   ;D

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
Burgerville....mmmmm.....I am reading and counting down the days until we are in Burgerville territory. If one has an underweight kid, no problem in ice cream every day of vacation, right?  :D
I will just have to not partake a few times. Maybe just sample for QC.  :yes:
The kid has never had onion rings. I will totally spoil him and introduce him to Walla Walla onion rings!
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
Our local Burgerville now has gluten free Udi's buns available upon request.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Gosh, I love this chain.

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »
This is not my week.

Since Wendy's is out from the new peanut dressing I took DS1 to Burgerville today. On the drive thru window I saw a sticker for Peanut Emma M's dog treats for sale. WTF? I did not see that on the allergen chart (stupid me). I ask the guy about to hand DS1's shake over how often does he hand out the peanut dog treats he says all the time. I said yeah but when did you last handle one he says right before he made the shakes. I said please tell the manager the allergen chart is pretty useless if you're handing out peanut stuff all the time.

Then I called the next closest Burgerville: guy was ecstatic about how popular the sales of peanut dog treats at his Burgerville are.

No advice, the treats *may* be wrapped or unwrapped it doesn't matter it knocks it off our list. I'd rather take my chances with McD's at this point there's nothing gained at Burgerville plus, frankly, I'm mad that it was left off the allergen chart because it's a dog food. There is a humungous sign for warning of heavy cross-contamination of the Udi's buns for gluten but they didn't bother to give a warning for peanut.

I have no plans to give them another dime, ever. YMMV.

Anyhow, watch your backs and ask at every Burgerville if they serve peanuts in any form to humans or dogs. I can't believe I had to write that sentence.

CM's looking into it to get all the details. I'm sure she'll share it all later.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:14:50 PM by twinturbo »

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
I called corporate.  I intend to RAISE HOLY HELL over this.

Seriously.

I suspect that they'll listen given the amount that my DD has on a loyalty card through them.

All of that lovely allergen listing info is pretty much useless if they value DOGS more than the allergic humans who are putting their lives on the line and trusting them to completely disclose allergen management and handling (which they work very hard at the corporate level to do).

Western U.S.

Offline SkyScorcher

• let them eat pi
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »
To the lady at Burgerville:

No. I'm sorry, um, I'm asking if you are selling peanut butter dog treats.

What? I didn't ask if you asked the owners for permission before giving them to the dogs. I asked if you're selling peanut-contaminated items in your restaurant.

No, no, I don't care that you're not selling them, you're giving them away. That's lovely of ya'll, but I'm concerned about the fact that you have something with peanuts in your restaurant.

I realize that they're "all natural" and "organic." I can die just as easily if my food touches "regular" peanut butter dog treats too.

What? We already covered the 'asking for permission before giving it to the dog.'

You clearly don't understand that peanut allergies are often of the sensitivity that microscopic amounts can KILL. PEOPLE.

No, the information isn't in your magical notebook of allergy info. Because, see, someone in your restaurant decided that since it's FOR DOGS it didn't need to be in there.

I understand they're organic.

(Loop 3 times, hang up, smash head against desk repeatedly.)
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy.

Der Regenbogenfisch kannst dir jetzt nicht hilfst!

Peanut, treenut (except hazelnuts), egg.

Western US

twinturbo

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »
I just called County Health to ask about food service handling food not regulated for humans in shared areas and workers who handle human food. Initial response was enough interest to call County Environmental Health tomorrow when the office opens again. The person I talked to was somewhat grossed out.

I'll give it to you via PM if you want to follow up. There's no reason you, or any us, need to extract information from a licensed and inspected restaurant on a unregulated item co-mingling with human food service.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »
I have a name for you with County Health (but recognize that there's no B-ville in our county).

Still.  Useful thing to have, that name.   :evil:

Western U.S.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
On the phone with Debbie at Burgerville and she is FIXING THIS PROBLEM...

she is finding out who is using them-- and is contacting the supplier as well to note that B-ville is a peanut free company, and hey-- that OUGHT to mean everything in the restaurants.  Period.

She did say that allergen and food handling training has always been that they wash hands after handing out dog treats... but she also was well aware of the possibility for surface contamination even so.

Dog Mountain Bakery is the dog treat company--

https://www.facebook.com/DogMountainBakery

She advised that anyone concerned should "give it a couple of weeks" for it to get sorted-- and for cleaning to remove any traces left.

The person I was speaking to was the one that initiated and manages their allergen policies company-wide.   :heart:  VERY responsive.   VERY.  As in, she was ON this within minutes of picking up my voicemail this morning-- and the two restaurants closest to me (and TT) have already heard from her.

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 03:52:11 PM »
While I would welcome their renewed commitment to a peanut free environment have they confirmed that they are allowed as a food service to also store and dispense food not prepared for human consumption? Home Depot, I totally get. They sell tools so who cares if they give out biscuits. A restaurant? If they made dog treats out of stuff that would meet standards for human consumption, ok.

Regardless, awesome sauce that you called and got some response. It may seem small but right now having ol' reliable to eat at means the whole world. I'd need a little time to warm up to them again. I'm not wild about my food mixed with dog food.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
From what I can tell, that IS what the dog treat people are using-- sourcing from Bob's Red Mill, etc.  As long as they lay off of the peanut varieties showing up at B-ville, I'm cool with it.

On the other hand, to GAIN a place like Costco would also be very, very cool-- even if it's just locally.

Doesn't make up for losing Wendy's of course.  But cool.

Western U.S.

Offline sneaker

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »
I totally understand this from an LFTA point of view, and also the mixing of handling and selling dog food with other foods.

But will the rest of the world see the LFTA people as the ones who took away their dog treats?  As in, we ruin every party at schools and everywhere and now we hate dogs too!  Funny, but some might see it this way?

twinturbo

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
It's not something I would recommend internalizing, no. Dog treats are still available at any number of places and birthdays are still celebrated to the hilt. Encroached boundaries are renegotiated all the time, generally displeasing the people who don't have the same amount privilege as before.

Offline sneaker

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
Oh, I definitely agree that this was worth speaking up about.  I meant my post more as a joke, that, great, others will say FA people, they ruin everything and don't like dogs too!