FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Other foods/MFA/EE

Spices and Natural Flavor: What are they?

<< < (2/4) > >>

admin rebekahc:
notashrimpwimp
Posted: 01.17.2011 at 12:10:41

I had an experience with a spice mix, before I had to worry about allergies. I was eating this spice mix with everything, toast to pasta to sour cream. Well, I noticed I was having a lot of forgetfulness and all around weird mind. I looked at the label, and the first ingredient was MSG! MSG doesn't agree with my family, but boy does it enhance the flavor of things!

With some non-top eight allergens, I am fearful due to past incidents.

Multiple food allergies and dust allergy (that I know of so far.)

admin rebekahc:

Ra3chel
Posted: 01.17.2011 at 02:11:57

01.17.2011 at 11:35:33, notashrimpwimp wrote:

--- Quote ---Thank you, I appreciate it. Artificial flavoring sounds really spooky now. Spices too.
--- End quote ---

If you've got any non-top-eight allergens, that is precisely the right impression to take away.  :-/

The 3 is silent.

admin rebekahc:
notashrimpwimp
Posted: 01.18.2011 at 12:07:05

Are there any other delightfully vague words to take note of? I see modified a lot. Shopping for processed foods is time-consuming. Half the time I don't understand ingredients. Plus I wonder about labels that just say the end-product that I'd put into another product, i.e. Caramel. How was it made???

admin rebekahc:

LinksEtc
Posted: 01.18.2011 at 07:49:34

01.18.2011 at 12:07:05, notashrimpwimp wrote:

--- Quote ---Are there any other delightfully vague words to take note of? I see modified a lot. Shopping for processed foods is time-consuming. Half the time I don't understand ingredients. Plus I wonder about labels that just say the end-product that I'd put into another product, i.e. Caramel. How was it made???
--- End quote ---

Yes, there are other things to look out for and to be aware of when reading labels.  I'll try and post some more detailed info for you when I get the chance.

What non-big8 allergens are you avoiding?

admin rebekahc:
notashrimpwimp
Posted: 01.18.2011 at 11:10:57

Oats, green beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, corn (man I was reading those threads, it is in nearly everything!), grapes, strawberries, cottonseed oil, and sesame. (These are allergens that I have reacted to for sure, unlike some others such as rice, beef, pork...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version