login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sulfite Reactions: How do you treat one?  (Read 55482 times)

Description:

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
Re: Sulfite Reactions: How do you treat one?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
Daisy
Posted: 01.26.2009 at 10:30:53

Could you try a plain beer...egads, a traditional American Bud, or at least a Blonde and see if the same thing happens?

Hops allergy? throwing salt over shoulder, knocking on wood, ack..ackk..pfooey...pfooey...gosh, I hope not.

Daisy

Self: seafood, egg, nuts, sulfites, yellow dye, IV contrast
GA - USA
TX USA

Offline cherielea

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
I had bought some hard salami, had some for a couple days. I woke up to the blisters on my hands, (pompholex). At first I wasnt sure what was causing it, but after looking it up there it was. I have a script for Mometasone Furoate cream from before and used it. It's funny that dr's (none of which are familiar with this, could never id it. I was to two derms and one gp. I've had to learn all about this on my own! :pout:

Online rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
I'm glad you were able to narrow down the cause - it's too bad you had to do it on your own!
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.