FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sulfite Reactions: How do you treat one?  (Read 66852 times)

Description:

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
Re: Sulfite Reactions: How do you treat one?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
Daisy
Posted: 01.26.2009 at 10:30:53

Could you try a plain beer...egads, a traditional American Bud, or at least a Blonde and see if the same thing happens?

Hops allergy? throwing salt over shoulder, knocking on wood, ack..ackk..pfooey...pfooey...gosh, I hope not.

Daisy

Self: seafood, egg, nuts, sulfites, yellow dye, IV contrast
GA - USA
TX USA

Offline cherielea

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
I had bought some hard salami, had some for a couple days. I woke up to the blisters on my hands, (pompholex). At first I wasnt sure what was causing it, but after looking it up there it was. I have a script for Mometasone Furoate cream from before and used it. It's funny that dr's (none of which are familiar with this, could never id it. I was to two derms and one gp. I've had to learn all about this on my own! :pout:

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
I'm glad you were able to narrow down the cause - it's too bad you had to do it on your own!
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.