FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Seed Allergy

Cosmetics containing sunflower

<< < (2/4) > >>

admin rebekahc:
Ra3chel
Posted: 06.08.2009 at 03:26:08

06.08.2009 at 11:29:04, maria888 wrote:

--- Quote ---Hey Ra3chel,
Where did you get the Aveda info?  I looked online and found only the color conserve products having sunflower.  I certainly don't need to be exposing myself to any more sunflower!!
--- End quote ---

Made an appointment at a local Aveda school to get my hair cut. The receptionist assured me it wouldn't be a problem and she'd just schedule in a consultation early so they could "double-check."

The student who cut my hair had no idea what to do or where to find ingredient info; she collared a teacher, who basically said "Whoa, no. Everything's going to either contain sunflower or be cross-contaminated."

The 3 is silent.

admin rebekahc:
maria888
Posted: 06.08.2009 at 07:50:46

http://aveda.aveda.com/aboutaveda/green_ingredients.asp

This lists the Aveda ingredients. I have worked with my hairstylist and have used this website. I actually am having my hair colored this TH. I have only done it once since I found out I was allergic to sunflower. I do use several Aveda products. Did the person who gave you the info actually contact the company? I guess I'm trying to figure out how much more I want to do to pursue answers.

I have given away a ton of lotions, soaps, etc... Are you finding it difficult to find make up, soaps, lotions, etc?

admin rebekahc:
Ra3chel
Posted: 06.09.2009 at 11:30:45

According to the instructor at the school, who checked the master list of ingredients, ALL of their color products use a combination of sunflower, jojoba, and castor oil as as base. The website seems to only contain examples of products with each featured ingredient--as far as I can tell, it's designed to demonstrate how natural they are, not to alert people to potential allergens.

I've actually found sesame to be more of a problem in lotions. And I've been ordering soap from etsy, from someone who uses a very limited range of ingredients.

The 3 is silent.

admin rebekahc:
maria888
Posted: 06.11.2009 at 10:14:30

I have been on the phone trying to get some answers from Aveda. It's interesting how you can be passed from person to person and never feel like you have a solid answer. (Persoanlly, making the company phone calls has not been all that successful with any products) I go today for a haircut/color... sure hope I get some answers before I my appointment!

admin rebekahc:
Ra3chel
Posted: 06.11.2009 at 03:54:05

06.11.2009 at 10:14:30, maria888 wrote:

--- Quote ---I have been on the phone trying to get some answers from Aveda.  It's interesting how you can be passed from person to person and never feel like you have a solid answer.  (Persoanlly, making the company phone calls has not been all that successful with any products)  I go today for a haircut/color... sure hope I get some answers before I my appointment!
--- End quote ---

At least according to the teacher I spoke to, all of their color products contain sunflower oil... :(

The 3 is silent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version