FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Dairy & Egg Free lemon meringue pie

(1/2) > >>

hezzier:
http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/20091
----------------------------------------------------

AllergyMum
Posted: 09.16.2011 at 08:15:51    

DS really wants a lemon meringue pie for some reason. Anyone ever make a dairy & egg free one and have a receipe to share.

And how can one possible make a meringue that is egg free? I was thinking on using a marshmallow type replacement.

Perhaps a lemon pie with a marshmallow topping   ??? ??? Any thoughts?

TabiCat:
hezzier

Posted: 09.16.2011 at 09:28:16    
We don't have any dairy issues, so this could be a dumb questions...is there a non-dairy substitute for cool whip?

I was thinking marshmallow would be a little heavy for lemon and a cool whip type topping would be a better fit.

TabiCat:
AllergyMum
Posted: 09.16.2011 at 02:47:59

--- Quote from: 1091 post_id=433389 date=1316183296 ---We don't have any dairy issues, so this could be a dumb questions...is there a non-dairy substitute for cool whip?

I was thinking marshmallow would be a little heavy for lemon and a cool whip type topping would be a better fit.
--- End quote ---

None that I know of.  Cool whip does contain dairy. 

Perhaps you may be right about marshmallow being heavy.  I will have to put my thinking cap on.

TabiCat:
GingerPye

Posted: 09.16.2011 at 03:08:05    
YK, the vegan buttercream frosting recipe --- if you added a little more something to make it just a tad bit thinner --- could maybe pass for whipped cream in a recipe.

TabiCat:
hezzier

Posted: 09.16.2011 at 11:33:32    
What about a vegan lemon bar? It would still satisfy the lemon craving he's having and you won't have worry about the topping part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version