Sunflower by any other name.: Different names for sunflower in ingredients list

Started by AdminCM, August 22, 2011, 02:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebekahc

Welcome to the board!  :bye:

I think I've read about some make ups that do contain sunflower, but I don't know them off the top, of my head. You might try searching through this section for it. Tomorrow when I have a real computer in front of me (instead of just my phone), I'll look and see if I can find something unless someone beats me to it. I know we have a few members with severe sunflower allergy, so hopefully they'll see this and chime in as well.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Sara999

I've had a terrible allergy to sunflower for 8 years and I am still finding sneaky ways companies add sunflower to their ingredients and don't label it appropriately.Vitamin E is also derived from sunflowers. Not all Vita E but more often than not, and it's not labeled on the ingredients list. Maybe most already figured that out but it was news to me. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview