FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Seed Allergy

Sunflower by any other name.: Different names for sunflower in ingredients list

<< < (2/4) > >>

admin rebekahc:
cmf
Posted: 07.17.2011 at 06:23:51

Thank you!! They look great! I have just found an online stockist near me and have ordered a couple. Thanks again.

twin boys 9yo
j-Out grew egg anaphylaxis at 3 1/2yrs-no food allergies until 6 1/2 yrs then anaphylaxis to barley, sunflower and peanut, allergic grasses, dustmites etc sensitised pecan and macadamia ?oas ?idiopathic angioedema-failed sunflower oil challenge-new severe pineapple-brief tongue swelling + lips/nasal/occular-spt+ve
 c-EE
**Australia

admin rebekahc:
gufyduck
Posted: 07.17.2011 at 10:42:27

FYI - When I talked with them, the tube ones are likely made on shared lines with nuts and sunflower oil. They don't own the plant for filling them, so they hire another company to do it. They have no way of knowing what ingredients the other company uses.

On the plus side, the ones in the tin are no on shared lines  :)

Northern CA - Allergic to shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, and sesame

admin rebekahc:
cmf
Posted: 07.17.2011 at 05:32:40

thanks-thats good to know
cheers

twin boys 9yo
j-Out grew egg anaphylaxis at 3 1/2yrs-no food allergies until 6 1/2 yrs then anaphylaxis to barley, sunflower and peanut, allergic grasses, dustmites etc sensitised pecan and macadamia ?oas ?idiopathic angioedema-failed sunflower oil challenge-new severe pineapple-brief tongue swelling + lips/nasal/occular-spt+ve
 c-EE
**Australia

admin rebekahc:
snowcone
Posted: 07.19.2011 at 11:43:13

Does anyone worry about mono or diglycerides? I was recently diagnosed with sunflower allergy, and am wondering how extreme I need to be.
 All the allergist told me was to avoid sunflower seeds and oil. I know to avoid 'vegetable oil', but I learned that mono-diglycerides are derived from these substances... Any thoughts?

« Last Edited by snowcone 07.19.2011 at 11:44:54 »

admin rebekahc:
cmf
Posted: 07.20.2011 at 06:57:51

Hi the ONLY way to tell where it comes from if it says mono or di etc is to phone the manufacturer. 'Vegetable oil' as something that you always avoid will restrict you tremendously! Its always important to avoid it if you dont know the source....BUT if you call the manufacturer then you may find that there are many things that you can eat that you would have otherwise avoided.
 good luck

twin boys 9yo
 c-EE
**Australia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version