FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Our Son Passed Away  (Read 71846 times)

Description: mumaluke's son

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline spacecanada

Re: Our Son Passed Away
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2021, 04:01:38 PM »
My grandmother died suddenly yesterday due to influenza. Please, everyone, get your flu shots! Thank you.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2021, 04:36:27 PM »
Oh SC, I am so terribly sorry. What a shock that must have been for you and your family.

I got mine last week. I must remember to nag remind my kids.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2021, 06:42:00 PM »
Oh space, I am so sorry! 😢
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline mumaluke

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2021, 06:58:50 AM »
My grandmother died suddenly yesterday due to influenza. Please, everyone, get your flu shots! Thank you.

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Getting your annual flu vaccine is your best protection against the flu.  Even though we had a very mild flu season last year, there is fear of a strong resurgence this year. 

Sorry I have been absent for some sometime, I hope everyone is doing well.  Again, very sorry for your loss :( 

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2021, 07:36:22 AM »
 SC, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  :heart:

Mumaluke, nice to see you again.

I’ve heard the same, that it’s expected to be stronger this year.  We were able to get our shots already, and I was able to help my sister get hers. She is not a healthy person, and qualifies for the stronger vaccine and kept being told it would be in *soon*. My pharmacist already had it.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2021, 12:52:49 PM »
Hi Mumaluke!  :bye:
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2021, 05:21:15 PM »
I'm so sorry Space  :grouphug: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:bye: Mumaluke!

We all got ours here.  DS1 got his and his Moderna booster at the same time at school.  He was soooo sick the first time around for both shots.  This and the flu shot, he had zero side effects.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »
Thank you, everyone. There is a virtual service tomorrow.

I have to routinely ask patients at work if they had a flu shot and I just want to yell and scream at (and educate) the ones who say they never get it because the flu doesn’t kill people.  :rant:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2021, 08:08:38 AM »
Space, I’m so sorry.

Offline TabiCat

« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2021, 08:44:29 PM »
Space, I am so sorry!!!
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

Offline mumaluke

« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2022, 01:53:56 PM »
Thank you, everyone. There is a virtual service tomorrow.

I have to routinely ask patients at work if they had a flu shot and I just want to yell and scream at (and educate) the ones who say they never get it because the flu doesn’t kill people.  :rant:

Hi Space - Here is a great resource for patients that are hesitant about receiving their annual flu vaccine. https://vaccinateyourfamily.org/flu-toolkit-2021-22/

Vaccinate Your Family is a great organization with many resources regarding all vaccines - https://vaccinateyourfamily.org/

I hope this helps!! 

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2022, 08:59:22 AM »
Usually I am the last one to get my flu shot in this house, I spend too much time getting everyone else scheduled.  This year, with 3 kids in college....I am first.  Got it yesterday! 

Of course I am badgering the kids by text to watch for campus clinics and register to get theirs.  DH typically can get one at work, not sure when they will be offering and he rarely goes in.

Driving home I just kept thinking about Mumaluke.   :bye:  Hope things are good!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »
I’ll be getting mine towards the end of October; I want to space it out from my Covid Booster.
N.E. US

Offline mumaluke

« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2022, 09:05:33 AM »
Usually I am the last one to get my flu shot in this house, I spend too much time getting everyone else scheduled.  This year, with 3 kids in college....I am first.  Got it yesterday! 

Of course I am badgering the kids by text to watch for campus clinics and register to get theirs.  DH typically can get one at work, not sure when they will be offering and he rarely goes in.

Driving home I just kept thinking about Mumaluke.   :bye:  Hope things are good!

Thank you for thinking of us!!  And I am happy to hear your put yourself first this year  :happydance: 

Great reminder for all, It's that time of year to get your annual flu shot!!  According to the CDC, you can get your Covid and Flu at the same time if anyone is in the boat.

Things are well on our end, but unfortunately we are heading back into flu season and the stirs many emotions for our family. But as we do every year, we will be reminding folks of the importance of their annual flu vaccine.