spacecanada

ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

spacecanada

hedgehog

According to the CDC, 63 pediatric deaths from the flu so far this season. :'(
USA

SilverLining

The loss of children's lives need more publicity.

I cannot believe the number of people who chose to not get vaccinated, get sick, whine not stop about how bad they feel....then go out in public. Next year they will, again, refuse the shot and claim they never get the flu. Only time they ever got it was 10 years ago and that was the only year they got the flu.

spacecanada

Most people still think the 'flu' is norovirus, the 24-48 hour stomach/GI bug; not the potentially deadly lung condition that it is.  Getting the vaccine not only protects you, but others around you.  Ugh.  My heart aches for all these families who lost their sweet babies (kids) due to the flu.  You are right, the paediatric deaths need more publicity. 

BensMom

Quote from: SilverLining on February 11, 2018, 02:23:27 PM
The loss of children's lives need more publicity.

I cannot believe the number of people who chose to not get vaccinated, get sick, whine not stop about how bad they feel....then go out in public. Next year they will, again, refuse the shot and claim they never get the flu. Only time they ever got it was 10 years ago and that was the only year they got the flu.

Around here, it's on the news pretty much every single day and they talk about the 63 pediatric deaths all the time.

This flu is terrifying. People can seem to be getting better and then get worse and die. Very scary.

SilverLining

That's what happened with my uncle. He was hospitalized, then released. Then it came back with a lot more force.

mumaluke

Hey Everyone! 

Just stopping in, saying hi.  Hope all had a good summer. 

Remember - its time to get your annual Flu Vaccination!! Today marks 9 years since our son passed from the flu.  I can't believe this thread has been going on that long. 

GoingNuts

So happy to see you Mumaluke. I think of you folks often - and can't believe how much time has passed either.

I got mine at work yesterday, and promptly sent a nag reminder text to my kids.

Thank you for your advocacy work. ❤️
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hedgehog

Wow, 9 years.  It doesn't seem that long.  I'll get mine soon, and let DS know he needs to get his as well.
USA

spacecanada

So nice to hear from you!  We both got ours two weeks ago and I only had a typical/minor reaction this year. Hurray!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview