FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: passed nutella , nix on walnuts  (Read 2946 times)

Description:

Offline hopechapel

passed nutella , nix on walnuts
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
This is not as dramatic as a year or two ago peanut challenge (which we failed).  And it is mixed. But we successfully downd nutella. So hazlnut is in.  The Dr., against policy, but trying to xpedite us, continued on to walnut, wher w got snagged.  His mouth and throat itched.  It did not clear in ten minutes. So she quit because she did not want to mess up the hazelnut pass.  She thinks it is OAS and that he might have OAS as well with hazelnut- raw.

So we are down to one lousy tree nut.  I'd hoped to clear them both which would make it easier to justify eating bakery products.  But walnuts still dogs us. But a half hip hooray. 

Thanks for ltting me share my and my child's journey.

Now, how many things can I slather nutella on. For joy. We missed a day of school and now I have a new vice on hand.

Offline Janelle205

Re: passed nutella , nix on walnuts
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
At least you have nutella - not a favorite of mine, but almost all of my camp staffers have LOVED the stuff.

Not much consolation, I'm sure, but hey, walnuts are gross - at least to me.  Tastes like burning.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »
Hey, so, TWO new vices, between the chocolate AND ditching class, right?

I know of a pn-free hazelnut place.

:thumbsup:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:33:59 AM »
Nutella is way more important than walnuts, IMHO.   ;D

FWIW, I get baaaaad OAS from raw walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans.  So does my elder DS.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »
I would be soooo happy if we could have Nutella every now and then.  Sorry about the walnuts.

Offline mom2AnH

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:55:33 AM »
walnuts are over-rated  ~)

but Nutella - what a super duper yummy treat!!!!  :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that walnuts are out.... but at least you got one more treenut back, right?

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:27:47 AM »
Thats great for the hazelnuts!
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline hopechapel

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »
Thank you everyone. I so value your support. And I have to say, the nutella is almost gone. And its not my son who has been eating it  ;D

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »
Thank you everyone. I so value your support. And I have to say, the nutella is almost gone. And its not my son who has been eating it  ;D.

That would be the problem in this house also, maybe it's still good that my DS can't have it!

Offline catelyn

• typing is not exercise
    • my diy blog
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
Thank you everyone. I so value your support. And I have to say, the nutella is almost gone. And its not my son who has been eating it  ;D.

That would be the problem in this house also, maybe it's still good that my DS can't have it!
My thoughts exactly.

Offline hopechapel

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
I know. the joke is on me.  I was so outraged to have to wait a half a year for this.  I called local allergists to see if they'd do the challenge -- no dice.  But, in my mind, I saw -- not allergic to treenuts would mean bakery good may contains = no big deal. And i always dream of good news in the classroom.   I mean, except for a few peanut butter cookies -- the bakery might be considered safe territory.  But walnut, an unanticpated fail, blocked this. so ...

wow. a day off school for my son. A day off work for my husband who drove us and played scrabble during wait time with us.  And now we have not only nutella but, as my sis pointed out :
hazelnut gelato, chocolate hazelnut torte, toblerone  -- we are saved.  :rofl:  No wonder I was in a hurry.

Face it.there are a lot of calories in those nuts we allergic households miss out on.

Offline catelyn

• typing is not exercise
    • my diy blog
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
Toblerone has never done anything for me.  Not something I miss.

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
Toblerone has never done anything for me.  Not something I miss.

I agree they taste gross.
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline hopechapel

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »
I agree, really. I usually get stale ones and something about that pointy shape that does not work so well.  Really - I'm not crowing about this --- I see new avenues for weight gain is what I see.  But, of course, I am glad to have a little less worry. Thanks all for your support. 

Will not replace empty nutella jar.  anytime soon. they said nothing to me about "maintaining tolerance" .