login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Need Jury letter re: LTFA: No caregiver and must be available  (Read 1787 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:59:54     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Has anyone a letter that they might share used for jury duty. My husband is out of town often, and I can not be at jury duty because we don't have anyone else to pick up our ds and stay with him that is trained. All our family is out of town.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline my3guys

Re: Need Jury letter re: LTFA: No caregiver and must be available
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
They keep finding me for jury duty...since I'm the primary caregiver and I don't work outside the home, they exclude me when I contact them.

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
Yes, I think different states/districst/counties have different rules about exclusions.  I know on the jury summons I just got that caregiver for a child under 12 was a qualifying exclusion.
TX USA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »
In my state, a jury summons is something that they can jail you over, and they definitely do NOT exempt people lightly...

I have in the past used a simple statement of:

homeschooling parent and caregiver to medically fragile child; no childcare available

they've always exempted me.  In return, I serve if DH can take the day.  But generally he cannot.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.