FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Candy corn?  (Read 15638 times)

Description:

Offline Scout

Re: Candy corn?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
 ;D Peanut free planet has Blueberry hill candy corn, and harvest mix and pumpkins.....ordering now..... :yes:

Offline krasota

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »
;D Peanut free planet has Blueberry hill candy corn, and harvest mix and pumpkins.....ordering now..... :yes:

Just rub it in why don't you?   :tongue:

Contains egg & soy.  Not appropriate for this thread, where we only eat candy made of air, apparently.   ;)
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline Scout

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »
 :hiding:oops sorry......didn't realize the other retrictions.....

I also got crunchy sunbutter.....we can reg. out here at the grocery but no one carries the crunchy.....

Offline krasota

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »
Nah, it's good for folks who are just not nutty.   :-*

--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »

Just rub it in why don't you?   :tongue:

Contains egg & soy.  Not appropriate for this thread, where we only eat candy made of air, apparently.   ;)

Shrug, some days even air is not safe depending on the location for DS1
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 11:46:09 AM »
I was just going to say- I found jelly belly corn and harvest mix @ tj maxx ...every time I call I get a different answer from them....though this time they did say they've always been egg free and have been peanut free since 2009. They're in my pantry...jury is still out.

Is this product milk-free?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline maeve

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
Dots candy corn.  I know it's not the same but I cannot find candy corn that doesn't have warnings one way or the other for the kiddos and since they all look similar, I know they will recognize the Dots as "safe".

Dollar Tree is carrying a nut free variety again this year.  I cannot think of the brand and I won't likely be back in there.  However it does have egg in it.

I don't like that Jellie Bellie's hasn't been exactly forthcoming on their manufacturing processes (I seem to remember they polish stuff with nuts) and they use artificial sweeteners.

They don't have anything on their site about the manufacturing process.  However, they do have info on their site about the factory tour and that info explicitly states that tree nuts are present in the facility; the site advises folks to either not take the tour or wear a mask. 
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
I think another member received an email regarding Jellie Bellies and some of their candy's being polished in the nut drums.  They wouldn't say which ones specifically so it was enough to make me say, no thanks.

GP - as far as I know, it's milk free because others have complained if they just changed the honey part it could be vegan.  That was in years past.

Jellie Bellies, Gimballs, Kroger brand are off limits for me anyway because of the banana ones.  Real issue or not, I panic when I taste banana now.

Sunrise Candy Corn is advertising as being peanut and tree nut free - that is the brand that I found in Dollar Tree (thank you to ArtLvr for reminding me).  It does have egg.  I know nothing of the manufacturing policies - just what it says on the bag.  Blueberry Hill was another brand but I know others were upset in years past because they had nuts in the facility.  I really don't have a dog in the fight though because of the whole one child can have egg and the other cannot which eliminates all options that I would consider safe and too confusing right now for my kids to discern what is and isn't safe.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 05:59:24 PM »
I was one that got an email from jelly belly.

From what I understand, Sunrise is the same as blueberry hill-only with a new name. It says made in a peanut free facility on the bag.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline IowaMom

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
Jessica- when did you receive the email from Jelly Belly?  I had looked at their website and had thought they were safe-I too was told they had been PN free since 2009.   DD is PA only and has eaten several times without problems (particularly the candy corn)- just wondering why they may not be safe.  Thanks!
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 12:59:58 AM »
The email with the attachments I got is dated april of 2010. If you want me to I can forward the attachments to you. Send me a pm with your email address.

btw I believe they are peanut free, but not necessarily tree nut free.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 01:02:02 AM »
btw this is what was in the email and it might be enough info for you.

At the point Jelly Belly and tree nuts (except for coconut) share the same equipment, the whole nuts have been enrobed in chocolate; however, the problem would be if a piece of nut broke off during the remainder of the processing and was missed during cleaning.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
Jessica, I have the ability to post attachments to posts, so if you want me to post your email attachments (assuming they're documents and not personally identifying), you can send them to me.
TX USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
btw this is what was in the email and it might be enough info for you.

At the point Jelly Belly and tree nuts (except for coconut) share the same equipment, the whole nuts have been enrobed in chocolate; however, the problem would be if a piece of nut broke off during the remainder of the processing and was missed during cleaning.

Hmmm, this is pretty much shared equipment in my book.  Oh well. 

We hve egg allergy, but dd does tolerate some cooked items with eggs.  Wondering if we should give the Blueberry Hill a try?  Not expecting anyone to answer that for me, lol. 

GP, don't your kids also have egg allergies?   Or did I miss something.  Is there a nut safe and egg free one.  I thought i read all replies and it seems any that are nut safe are not egg free.

Becca
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
I was just going to say- I found jelly belly corn and harvest mix @ tj maxx ...every time I call I get a different answer from them....though this time they did say they've always been egg free and have been peanut free since 2009. They're in my pantry...jury is still out.

Is this product milk-free?

Sorry- just seeing this Ginger pye...I'll check when I get home.  They're still sitting on the pantry shelf, lol!
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)