FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New school policy  (Read 7914 times)

Description: Does this seem excessive?

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Re: New school policy
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 05:18:26 AM »
Yup.  (Sorry -- continuing on this tangent -- )

Has me circling back to 504 accommodations . . . and need for a line item to be "school nurse in school" for those schools/districts without school nurse.

Fairfax, VA and its construct so far as Public Health Nurse as "supervisor" of "trained health aides" in the schools . . . rarely a qualified nurse as staff on the school property.  I recall reading about some schools in FFX announcing a verbiage change in past 18 months that was not lost on this family:  school "Health Clinic" was being re-termed to remove the word "clinic".  I cannot recall exact replacement term -- but it was clear they did not want implication of more actual MEDICAL services than they were really providing.

Guess somebody at FFX felt need to cover down even more -- so far as own necks (NOT so far as accommodating the medical needs of their students) -- eh?   :disappointed:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!