FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Adults with Food Allergies

Food Issues...

(1/2) > >>

Foxy:
Hey...  I don't know what the heck is going on with me but something is amiss.  For the last few months that I can remember, every time I eat, not matter what I eat, my gums in the back have been becoming irritated and a bit swollen like no one's business. 

I don't know why it's happening and it's getting creepy.  It's time to see an allergist again!

nameless:
...might be a gum issue, not food issue. Last time I had infected gums (in the back, upper and lower) no matter what I ate or chewed they'd get irritated and swell up. It's the motion/force of chewing that'll aggravate it. You could try flossing gently and see if they swell up or bleed with flossing.

Also - things like B12 or VitD or magnesium deficiency can cause irritated gums.

I'd recommend a dentist/periodontist too.

Adrienne

Foxy:
Thanks A!  Figures Hubby n I would lose dental tilthe new year.  Also, I didn't mention that I had blisters on my tongue after eating at Arby's yesterday.  This has happened every time I eat there and I thought they were safe.  ???

rebekahc:
Well, for PA, Arby's is safe.  DS and I eat there more often than I'd like to admit.  Have you always eaten at the same one?  Maybe it's a franchise and they have something unsafe?  Or maybe the vinegar-y sauce is just too much for your tongue?

Looks like no nuts anywhere on the menu and the only may contains are the apple and cherry turnovers - may contain treenuts.

http://www.arbys.com/food/allergens-sensitivities.pdf

Foxy:
I eat at the same one.  i just dont understand it atm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version