FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

Steroid question?

(1/4) > >>

YouKnowWho:
Allergist gave DS2 steroids.  So in all fairness, I warned the teacher today with a "Sorry he is your problem" note.

I got a phone call before picking him up at the bus stop.  Ummm, your child was effectively stoned out of his gourd all day.  She was afraid to let him use scissors because while the body is there, the brain is in another dimension.  She had to help him glue five pieces of paper to his project because he couldn't stay focused enough.

I have a call in to the allergist but does anyone else deal with this?  I am used to the ravenous appetite, not blinking, bouncing off the walls, oh my gosh will you please SHUT UP side of it - but not this one.

maeve:
Did he have an antihistamine?  I agree that sounds so different from what we've experience with Orapred.

mom2AnH:
yea, that's a weird one.   ???  call your allergist for sure.

YouKnowWho:
No on the antihistamine and still waiting to hear from the allergist. 

I know he will call me back but impatient me wants it now LOL

Have questions about the antibiotic too as the pharmacist was very reluctant to release such a high dosage for so long (four bottles) as DS2 is only 5.

Janelle205:
Did he sleep well last night?  A lot of time prednisone, or the muscle pain that I get with prednisone will keep me up all night, which can lead to zombie-ness during the day.  A lot of times it will also put me in a 'getting things done' haze - that is, I'll get a lot of stuff done (cleaning, cooking, etc.), but am often kind of zoned out while I work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version