FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

Non food item labels

(1/2) > >>

livingnutfree:
Do u check them for allergens?  Soaps lotions paint ect.  Just curious. I do but often wonder if a reaction could really occur if something contained an allergen since item isnt consumed.

SweetandSour:
I abide by every label, every time. I used something with a nut oil,and had a reaction. Just because it isn't consumed, doesn't mean it is ok to use! And a lot of lotions and body washes have nutty stuff. I don't worry about xcontamination though.

hezzier:
paint-no, but soaps, lotions, chapsticks - yes, really don't need to find out the hard way that DS has become contact reactive (at the moment he is not) after slathering him from head to toe with some lotion containing nut oils.

birdseed/pet foods/pet treats/small animal bedding - you definitely want to check these
also potting soil has been know to have peanut shells

hedgehog:
Actually, I don't.  I just try to stick with brands that DS has never had a problem with.

SilverLining:
I have reacted to make-up with my allergens in it.  I think something on your skin is absorbed through the pores.

My son does not give his dogs treats with peanuts on days I'm visiting.  His dogs don't usually lick people.....but chances are they would the day they ate that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version