FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: The needle bent  (Read 4609 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Re: The needle bent
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 02:45:49 AM »
I honestly don't mean to keep arguing, but it seems like even a hard bun would break into crumbs with the force of an epi. I may have to try it with an old pen (I have new style old pens).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 06:28:56 AM »
Another mom on my local board said the same thing happened in an orange.

I am crying foul here - none of us have been happy with the new "improvements" made to the Epi pen.  Maybe we need to start writing letters.  Something has to be done before lifesaving medication kills anyone else. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Ciel

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 08:34:04 AM »
I also switched to Twinject when EpiPen redesigned. Now I'm back to EpiPen. Apparently a lot of people switched; Twinject is not available in my area right now and is on backorder "indefinitely". I called at least a dozen pharmacies in the area and every single one said the smae thing. Unfortunately, this does not leave a lot of choice for those of us that need to carry something.

I really dislike the new design. I like it even less now after reading these kinds of stories.