FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: enerpro bars  (Read 2635 times)

Description: allergy friendly energy bar

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
enerpro bars
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »
Thought I would share our review of these.  They are a "energy bar" type snack or "meal bar" with sunbutter.  The ingredients are fairly simple, and they are pretty low sugar, with ony 8 and 10 grams in each of 2 flavors(double choc. and oatmeal).  Protein content is 10 and 12 grams. 

Dd likes them, which is all that matters, but I could eat it too.  The carbs are high for me, but with some of that being from the sunbutter/sunflower seeds and fiber, not pure sugar, they might even work for my diet(diabetic). 

They are pricey.  About $2 a bar.  So I would only get them as a treat or for a need.  Like a trip or something similar.  Might be helpful for those dealing with trips and FA issues. 

My dd is used to less sweet things, and likes rather bland foods, and loves sunbutter.  So, these work for her.

I do think I could some up with a similar recipe myself.  They remind me of no-bake peanut butter oat cookies, if anyone ever tried those.  I have made those with sunbutter before.  This is just less sweet.

becca
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:37:35 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy