enerpro bars

Started by becca, October 06, 2011, 01:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

Thought I would share our review of these.  They are a "energy bar" type snack or "meal bar" with sunbutter.  The ingredients are fairly simple, and they are pretty low sugar, with ony 8 and 10 grams in each of 2 flavors(double choc. and oatmeal).  Protein content is 10 and 12 grams. 

Dd likes them, which is all that matters, but I could eat it too.  The carbs are high for me, but with some of that being from the sunbutter/sunflower seeds and fiber, not pure sugar, they might even work for my diet(diabetic). 

They are pricey.  About $2 a bar.  So I would only get them as a treat or for a need.  Like a trip or something similar.  Might be helpful for those dealing with trips and FA issues. 

My dd is used to less sweet things, and likes rather bland foods, and loves sunbutter.  So, these work for her.

I do think I could some up with a similar recipe myself.  They remind me of no-bake peanut butter oat cookies, if anyone ever tried those.  I have made those with sunbutter before.  This is just less sweet.

becca
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview