FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

Hives after TB test?

(1/1)

notashrimpwimp:
I took my TB test on Tuesday and after the test my lip had hives and I had hives on my body. I hadn't eaten and last time I had it it was itchy and bumpy but a negative.

Has this happened to anyone before?

krasota:
When I had mine, they did a pertussis control and I reacted very badly to it.  The nurse brushed me off when I called.  When I went in a couple days later to have the tb test read, she noticed my hives and swollen arm and apologized.  Turns out the control contained multiple things to which I'm rather horribly allergic to.  (And yes, I DID ask her to check the label for these things. After that, I've read all injectable ingredients before they go in my body.)

joshsmom:
I also had a reaction to the TB test. A rash up my arm for about 24 hours. The nurses didn't let me leave for 1 hour to make sure I wasn't having further problems. It just faded and I hadn't been exposed to TB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version