Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Anyone know safe lip moisturizer?  (Read 2287 times)

Description:

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
Anyone know safe lip moisturizer?
« on: November 06, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »
I heard chap stick has peanut and when I called burts bee they are may contain. I checked a few today and they had shea. is jojoba considered a fruit? Thanks
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline Jessica

Re: Anyone know safe lip moisturizer?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:17:51 AM »
I asked this recently and someone here mentioned Blistex being safe. You can also get Dr. Bronner's although they make some kind of nutty energy bars now-but I don't know if they make them or if they just have their name on them. Rocky Mountain Sunscreen has what is supposed to be safe lip balms.

FWIW I don't think what's in chapstick is actually peanut derived. My dd doesn't want to use it though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
I use badger. Love it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jojoba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jojoba_oil

As far as I know, jojoba isn't cross-reactive with any nuts or seeds. When I was a massage therapist, I used it specifically because allergies to it were rare, and b/c it's water-soluble (or at least detergent-soluble!) and noncomedogenic.
The 3 is silent.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »
My DD is a Blistex junkie.

:thumbsup:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.