FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Cabbage Rolls

(1/7) > >>

SilverLining:
Every year it's the same thing....I cannot find my recipe for cabbage rolls.  I was positive I posted it at the old site....but I cannot find it.

I use ground beef~~~ground pork~~~rice~~~stewed tomatoes.

Other then that, it's hit & miss every year.

Making them this afternoon.  Hopefully they turn out.

GoingNuts:
Right now I'm on a mission to eradicate my kitchen of Indian Meal Moths.  I'll try to post my recipe later.  Possibly different from yours, it's a pretty traditional Eastern European sweet/sour sauce.

SilverLining:
I actually found the recipe that I kinda/sorta follow.  Never the same twice. lol

I had printed it from our old-old home.  (As opposed to our new-old home.)  Not sure who posted it there (might have been me).  I only know it wasn't from Cooking Mom....because her recipes always say kosher salt....and this recipe just says salt.

CookingMom:

--- Quote from: SilverLining on November 08, 2011, 11:40:27 AM --- I only know it wasn't from Cooking Mom....because her recipes always say kosher salt....

--- End quote ---
Very observant...  :yes: 

SilverLining:
Again...couldn't find my recipe.  So, now that I fund it, I'm reposting.

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork

1 egg

2 cups rice

some of my home made stewed tomatoes (they are a bit spicey with onion and red and green peppers)

bit of garlic (forgot to put garlic in the stewed tomatoes

Mixed all of the above together.

In roasting pan - put a bit of stewed tomatoes, then a layer of cabbage, then another layer of tomatoes. Placed cabbage rolls on top of that, followed by stewed tomatoes, cabbage leaves, stewed tomatoes.

Used all remaining ingredients and made a *cabbage roll caserole* in another dish.

Baked in oven for 1 1/2 hours at 350 d.

What I will do differently next time: use the big roasting pan.

Also, they were a bit dry. Not extremely dry - but a little bit. Probably should have kept some of the tomatoes for basting. But, I used an entire large mason jar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version