FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Please help - popsicles  (Read 3524 times)

Description: Trying to stay hydrated

Offline Ra3chel

Please help - popsicles
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »
Running a fever of about 103F and having a lot of trouble staying hydrated. Any popsicles safe for PN, sunflower, sesame, garbanzo, and eggplant that are available in the Pacific Northwest U.S.?

M will probably be the one checking back on this thread, not me, so please be as specific as possible and avoid forum-speak abbreviations, since he's probably not familiar with most of those.

Thank you!!
The 3 is silent.

Offline SilverLining

Re: Please help - popsicles
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
Can't help with brand (sorry), but have you put a safe juice into the freezer so you'll have some later?

Hope you feel better soon.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
Ummm...

Burgerville strawberry milkshake?

;D

Sorry.  I know that this probably doesn't help, does it?

Brands that I know are safe for PA/TNA, Egg and Shellfish (which, realize that I don't deal with sesame or sunflower, and the oil is a bugger because of all the things it appears in):

Philly Swirl.

That's it, actually.  I've seen those in push-pop version at Costco.  You know, if you plan to binge on them, since they come in a box of something like 200 thousand or so.

Have you ever checked into TacoBells' fruity slushies? 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
The PhillySwirl swirl stix look safe-- but you'll have to check to know for sure about sesame or sunflower oil. 

http://www.phillyswirl.com/swirlstix.html

Their website says that you can find them at:

VoldeMart, Slaveway and WinCo stores.

Er... well, you know what I mean.  And so will he.   ;)  I'll mention here that not all the WinCo and Safeway stores I've been in carry even a single variety of Philly Swirl.  I don't generally visit WalMart since I live in a WalMart-free zone, so I can't say whether they routinely carry them or not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:54:09 PM by CMdeux »
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline starlight

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
Can you have koolaid mix?  That freezes into ice pops nicely. Just pour some into disposable paper cups, stick in something stick-like, and peel them off when frozen.  It's been a LONG time since I've done it so I'm not sure if the coated paper cups work better or worse than the non-coated type.

ETA: that is to say, you make the koolaid according to the package. Just pouring the powder mix into the cup will do you absolutely no good. :)

hk

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
The PhillySwirl swirl stix look safe-- but you'll have to check to know for sure about sesame or sunflower oil. 

http://www.phillyswirl.com/swirlstix.html

Their website says that you can find them at:

VoldeMart, Slaveway and WinCo stores.

Er... well, you know what I mean.  And so will he.   ;)  I'll mention here that not all the WinCo and Safeway stores I've been in carry even a single variety of Philly Swirl.  I don't generally visit WalMart since I live in a WalMart-free zone, so I can't say whether they routinely carry them or not.

They were safe for sesame last summer.  My box looks like they are okay for sunflower too.  I'm west coast and some of our Safeways carry them.  Can't find them anywhere else.  Feel better!

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
I have called on FlavorIce ( but you have to freeze them), Minute Maid (orange, grape, cherry), Philly Swirl, Luigi's Italian Ice all these are confirmed peanut, treenut and sesame free. We also use Popsicle brand, Bomb Pops, Scribblers which I have not called on, but have not had a problem. Hope your child feels better. Try some southern sweet tea. It always makes my kids feel better.

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »
I'm almost thirty, but thanks.  ;)

ETA: Thanks, everyone, so much for the help with this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:41:43 PM by Ra3chel »
The 3 is silent.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
I'm almost thirty, but thanks.  ;)

But you are still a kid at heart.   ;D

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:51 AM »
Flavor Ice can generally be found on the Kool-Aid aisle.  Take them out of the box and try to lay them as flat as possible int he freezer so they will freeze faster. 

Hope you feel better soon young lady :)
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA