FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Traveling & Restaurants

Chilis Restaurant?

(1/2) > >>

becca:
I tried a search here and at the old archives. 

Anyone dine here?  Mostly concerned about peanut/tree nut and frypers.  Dd is invited to dine with a few friends and go see a movie, for her BFF's b-day.  Trying to scope it out.  I think we ate there years ago, once, and recall not alot of options.  Nothing fried, maybe?  Anyone been recently?  I do plan to call the specific restaurant on my own.

I think she could have a plain burger and corn on the cob last time(but now has an appliance on her teeth).  The mom(my good friend) said I can pack her some backup food.  She will for her ds, as he and mom have celiac.  So, she gets being careful and cross contamination and all that.  She will ask questions, I am sure. 

becca

hedgehog:
Chili's used to have a chili that had PB as an ingredient.  That has been gone from their menu for some time now.  We go occasionally, and DS gets the burger.

nameless:
Chili's is one of my standbys. Ask for the Allergy menus (you can also find them online) and then you can see what is safe. They do have a cya disclaimer on the bottom, but Chili's (and Applebee's) have these allergy menus and procedures in place in the kitchen. I still hand over my hot pink chef allergy card.

Adrienne

nameless:
On this page: http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/menu.aspx

You'll see the Allergen menu link.

Adrienne

becca:
Dd went with her friend and family and a couple of other girls.  The mom said they brought allergy menus(and gluten free fo rher and her ds) and dd got grilled salmon and asked for a sub of plain pasta and she very much enjoyed her dinner.  My friend even emailed me during the dinner to let me know all was good and she was fine!

Sounds like they have changed since we were last there.  In a good way.

becca

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version