What allergens do you avoid?

Started by SilverLining, December 02, 2011, 06:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What allergens do you avoid?  Do you avoid the added ingredient only or trace amoints?

Peanuts
16 (35.6%)
Trace amounts of peanuts
27 (60%)
Nuts (if only some nuts, which ones)
16 (35.6%)
Trace amounts of nuts (if only some nuts, which ones)
27 (60%)
Milk/dairy
7 (15.6%)
Trace amounts of milk/dairy
3 (6.7%)
Wheat/gluten
3 (6.7%)
Trace amounts of wheat/gluten
3 (6.7%)
Soy
5 (11.1%)
Trace amounts of soy
1 (2.2%)
Egg
10 (22.2%)
Trace amounts of egg
10 (22.2%)
Sesame Seeds
2 (4.4%)
Trace amounts of sesame seeds
5 (11.1%)
Other seeds (if only some seeds, which ones)
3 (6.7%)
Trace amoints of other seeds (if only some seeds, which ones)
0 (0%)
Fish
5 (11.1%)
Trace amounts of fish
1 (2.2%)
Shell fish
5 (11.1%)
Trace amounts of shell fish
5 (11.1%)
Other (please explain what)
12 (26.7%)
Trace amounts of other (please explain what)
10 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

hk

We avoid trace amounts of peanuts, all tree nuts, eggs and sesame.  We avoid cherry, mango, avocado, fish and shellfish.  I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Six

becca

I checked eggs, but dd can do cooked egg in baked goods now.  So, we do not avoid traces, unless there is a concern it would be raw(corss contact with mayo at a buffet or sandwich shop/deli or something like that). 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

candyguru

For daughter 1 we avoid eggs, peanuts, nuts, wheat, gluten, and legumes (peas, chick peas, lentils etc) so I voted for those

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Susan

We avoid peanuts, treenut (all), egg, dairy and most legumes (but not soy).  We avoid the allergen and all traces of it...at least, we try. 
:happydance: <- Hey!  Is this one new?

SilverLining

Yes Susan.  We have a few new ones.

thanks to everyone that voted in this.  I find it interesting.  I don't know why the things I voted for bolded.   :dunno:

Janelle205

Quote from: SilverLining on December 05, 2011, 09:00:14 AM
I don't know why the things I voted for bolded.   :dunno:

SilverLining, I'm pretty sure that the ones that you personally voted for appear bolded to you only - at least, that's how it seems to work for me - my three choices appear in bold.

SilverLining

You're right Janelle.  I am apparently a space cadet.

Astyas

I avoid peanuts and walnuts.

I'm trying to eat less soy, but I haven't been able to work up to complete avoidance yet.

As for other, I avoid oranges, peaches, apples, pears potato, oats, cotton seed, cabbage, and corn.

I avoid trace amounts of red cabbage. I avoid things that may have pepper, paprika, cayenne, bell pepper, chili, etc... For instance, I don't buy smoked ham because it might have been smoked with pepper.

cmf

my son has had anaphylaxis to peanut, barley, sunflower and pineapple so he avoids these as added ingredients. He avoids macadaemia and pecan nuts as he is highly sensitised to these on spt. He vomits with apple (although he's never been tested we just avoid it because its not worth the hastle!)

PurpleCat

eragon

currently my son is allergic to,

peanut,
raw  and cooked egg.

yeast extract.

kidney beans and other legumes.

dog

cat

dustmite

mold

tree pollen

hay fever.

mentioned the enviros as they are having  a pretty severe impact on quality of life.

currently has random mouth/eye swellings  by unknown causes, being tested for a rare genetic cause.   

been a horrible year allergy wise.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview