Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Chef cards  (Read 749 times)

Description:

Offline pitter patter

Chef cards
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »
Where can I get some?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:45:41 PM by jennifer41 »
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Ra3chel

Re: Chef cards
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
I print my own on cardstock.
The 3 is silent.

Offline nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »
I'm not sure why my post disappeared...

I use this as a start: http://www.foodallergy.org/files/ChefCard_Interactive.pdf

I use the wording and make my own in Word. I print them on white paper, cut them out, and then rubber cement to a rectangle of pink card stock. They are about 4x6 size by the time I'm done. There's a nice 1/2" hot pink border. I then have a "Table # ___" on the top right and when I use it I have the server/manager write in the table number. I make them double-sided, same on both sides. I usually ask it stays in the kitchen with my order and comes back out on/under my plate.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »
Thanks ladies!
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
We print our chef card on wausau AstroBright in TerraGreen. It is a visible chef card. I really like Adrienne's system--I like the placement on the order--a good precaution and the Table #___.

We have encouraged the restaurant to keep it if they have never seen a chef card before to help train new employees. We keep a stash in our pack with 2 epis, benadryl, inhalers, allergist letter. We keep a stash in the car glovebox for road trips.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
oooh, glove box.  Hadn't thought of that.  Good idea.
DD, 23 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema
DS, 20 - MA/EA/PA/env./asthma/passed baked milk challenge
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...