imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: severe reaction to Vanicream  (Read 22835 times)

Description: surprised me

Offline Ra3chel

Re: severe reaction to Vanicream
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Because of my eczema, I use plain Dr. Bronner's castile soap as shampoo; my hair's pretty oily so I never need conditioner.  Might be worth checking out.  They have an almond variety, though, among others, so checking about shared lines would be a good idea...

I believe their almond soap is actually apricot-derived, but could be wrong--either way, double-check.
The 3 is silent.

Pam

Re: severe reaction to Vanicream
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 06:57:33 PM »
Ever since my big apple->ER reaction I've been hiving after each and every shampoo and face wash. It happens with Baby Aquaphor, Dove Sensitive Skin, Suave Kids, Johnson & Johnson, California Baby Sensitive, all products I used previous. Thinking it might be temperature I've tried washing and rinsing with water only multiple times--nada. The only way to reduce the hives is to very quickly wash my hair with a 2-in-1. Like 5 seconds.

Found Vanicream shampoo and conditioner locally so I tried it. OMG was that a mistake. Where the product had run down my face it looked chemical burnt and rashed. Soon after within the swathes of red rash hives started to come up so I went straight for the Benadryl but it was bad enough that I got an all over body tingle and slight nausea. So I chilled on the couch to see if it would progress or not.

What's strange is DS2 also starting to have the hive after shampoo issue crop up about the same time as me. Same, only when the California Baby or Baby Aquaphor is applied to face and scalp.

I put this to the local allergist and Sicherer as well. Local allergist was at a loss, Sicherer thought cholinergic urticaria due to temp change or grease gland stimulation. The man should surely know but this seems much more than that because where the shampoo and conditioner ran down my face you could see the burn marks.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. The last time I showered and used Aquaphor quickly to wash up I started getting red marks (not hives) all over my body after... and that's new. I'm getting desperate to find an answer so I'm going to try a dermatologist maybe wash my face with Dove Sensitive right in front of them so they can see rather than try to figure out.

But, crazy as this is has anyone ever heard of it? It doesn't seem prudent to keep provoking my system but I have to get clean somehow. Again, temperature has no effect. I've tried lukewarm showers shampooing and still hives, super hot showers no shampoo no hives.

:insane: