login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cetaphil Body Wash  (Read 2612 times)

Description:

Offline HJK

Cetaphil Body Wash
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:25 AM »
Is anyone safely using any the Cetaphil products, more specifically their body wash, for eczema  flares, etc...?

I was advised by their CSR that they do have products with nut oils that could possibly be run on the same lines as their nut free products. Would this be a concern?

Has anyone had a problem with this brand?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline GingerPye

Re: Cetaphil Body Wash
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »
We currently have the Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring body wash formulated for atopic skin (didja get all that, lol).  We also have the Cetaphil Restoraderm skin lotion. 
The body wash has shea butter, sunflower seed oil (among many other ingredients) but I see no tree nuts.  As far as I've been told, shea butter should not bother those with tree nut allergies.  My daughter has used products with shea butter with no problem.  Has she tried this one?  No.  I cannot get her to try it.  (she thinks she knows it all)  I've been using it.

I bought it with the dermatologist's recommendation.

I *think* Cetaphil has macadamia nut oil and maybe something else.  I currently have the Walgreens knock-off for Cetaphil and it lists macadamia oil.  No regular Cetaphil in the house right now.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline pitter patter

Re: Cetaphil Body Wash
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
Cetaphil lotion has sweet almond oil listed as one of the ingredients.  I bought some at Costco a few weeks ago and did not read the label until AFTER I had applied it to one of DDs legs.   :-/(Total rookie move on my part.  I am just glad that I thought to read the label before I slathered it all over her body!)  I plopped her right back into the shower and dosed her with benadryl.  Luckily she did not have a reaction, but I was terrified.  I still cannot believe I didn't read the label.....I ALWAYS  read the label.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA