FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 100 Days of School  (Read 8243 times)

Description: AKA Another excuse for food

Offline GingerPye

Re: 100 Days of School
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
ewww, that's wrong on so many levels!  bleck.   :P
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
And today I got the email that they are doing cupcakes to celebrate the 100th day of school as well.

Could you at least use lube (reminder to pick some up when getting the flavored condoms...)
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
Do we have a member here who might express you 100 rabbit turds?

Or perhaps 200 -- 100 for the project and the other 100 to sprinkle on cupcakes.

Hang in there, YKW.   :grouphug:

I left you a song present in Song of the Day

Re: My Song of the Day Is

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:11:18 PM by ajasfolks2 »
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »
So presumably the goal is for the students to consume 100 teaspoons of sugar to celebrate 100 days of school?

Maybe you should add some insulin syringes to the condoms/lube party pack for the future type 2 diabetics. 

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
So presumably the goal is for the students to consume 100 teaspoons of sugar to celebrate 100 days of school?

Maybe you should add some insulin syringes to the condoms/lube party pack for the future type 2 diabetics.

I so heart this!
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
maybe suggest to the teacher that she include a health unit on diabetes during the 100 Day celebration . . . 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

I wonder who gets the (peanut butter) cheerios carefully bagged up in hepatitis-Mom's kitchen....

:-/

You do know there are a good number of healthcare workers with hepatitis and or AIDS, yes? I mean, I wouldn't want any person who doesn't use standard precautions bagging up anything for my child, hepatitis or not. There are children in school with either, (maybe both) and aside from fulminant unusual illness, or staff with loose lips, you won't be able to pick them out. Teachers too.

Personally, I don't want anyone with CATS or BIRDS feeding my child from their kitchen, but that's just me. I've never had so much as a cup of coffee from my best friend's kitchen, (cats and birds)  but our friendship isn't founded on that.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

Offline maeve

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »

I wonder who gets the (peanut butter) cheerios carefully bagged up in hepatitis-Mom's kitchen....

:-/

You do know there are a good number of healthcare workers with hepatitis and or AIDS, yes? I mean, I wouldn't want any person who doesn't use standard precautions bagging up anything for my child, hepatitis or not. There are children in school with either, (maybe both) and aside from fulminant unusual illness, or staff with loose lips, you won't be able to pick them out. Teachers too.

Personally, I don't want anyone with CATS or BIRDS feeding my child from their kitchen, but that's just me. I've never had so much as a cup of coffee from my best friend's kitchen, (cats and birds)  but our friendship isn't founded on that.

I'm the same way.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
Naturally-- point was that there are plenty of reasons why the HEALTH department wouldn't allow food to be served to the public from someone's kitchen...

but put it in the context of feeding kids in a school setting and suddenly it's fine...   :insane:

I've eaten food from my HIV+/AIDS afflicted friends kitchens many times, FWIW.  I'm not squeamish about it-- but yeah, add in cat-asserole...   :-X  Nooooooooooo, thank you.

My cats are not allowed on counters, and my counters are WASHED before I use them anyway.  There's a reason.   :thumbsup:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »

My cats are not allowed on counters,

Those cats are pulling that Jedi Mind crap on you aren't they? 

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »
No-- as noted, I wash them before use.  Why would I do that if I thought that our cats followed the rules when we aren't here?   ;)  Besides, it's the tiny footprints on the cooktop's glossy black glass that give one of them away...
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
Oh. Small footprints. Countertops. yes. 'cept I don't have cats.... ;)

Offline rainbow

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »
Naturally-- point was that there are plenty of reasons why the HEALTH department wouldn't allow food to be served to the public from someone's kitchen...

but put it in the context of feeding kids in a school setting and suddenly it's fine...   :insane:

That's what I cannot understand.

Makes NO sense!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:57:20 PM by rainbow »

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 03:11:31 PM »

That's what I cannot understand.

Makes NO sense!

Same school allows homemade treats left and right.  It's not their issue, it's mine.  God forbid that I say no when my NKA daughter goes there.  I sat there and watched DS2 pick at his nose repeatedly this morning - I can just see him and any other child helping mom.

They keep throwing back in my face that it's personal responsbility (on DSs and I) and if the cost is too high then maybe my kids can either sit out some of these parties.  WTF? 

By the way, the WORD (notice that I said WORD) is Creativity and Imagination (I count those as two words, what is wrong with me, I didn't even have to take off my shoes).  So we lack creativity and imagination to include all children.

I'm not sending Valentines to the kids with brown eyes this year.  I know it's not their fault they have brown eyes, but maybe someone will understand how it feels.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »

I'm not sending Valentines to the kids with brown eyes this year.  I know it's not their fault they have brown eyes, but maybe someone will understand how it feels.

Sounds like a workable plan . . . truly . . . with a brief note of explanation to the staff.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!