FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Starbucks "birthday cake" cake pops.  (Read 18297 times)

Description:

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
Re: Starbucks "birthday cake" cake pops.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
What she did eat, and what DID carry some lunch table weight was Angies Kettle Corn. Now, if I can find it in single serve bags. Or just put it in a little movie "popcorn" bucket. lol....maybe those Chinese takeout containers with detailing on them for the holidays.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
reb, those are adorable!!!
I am not a starbucks gal.  I really hate paying that much for a cup of coffee and I don't like the lattes and the fancy drinks because I don't drink milk. 
I do like their summer iced teas though.  there is one that is red, can't remember the blend now. 

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
What she did eat, and what DID carry some lunch table weight was Angies Kettle Corn. Now, if I can find it in single serve bags. Or just put it in a little movie "popcorn" bucket. lol....maybe those Chinese takeout containers with detailing on them for the holidays.

Better off using your own container.  The bags are really hard to open.  DS has trouble so if I send it, I end up transferring it to a ziplock sandwich bag.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »

Places like Hobby Lobby sell the take out containers in all kinds of fun colors and patterns in the card/giftwrap section.   :watch:

The also sell Sixlets in single color packs (so useful for Santa hat tops or other cake pop accessories).  :yes:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:58:23 PM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 06:57:33 AM »
Sixlets?  is that what the top of santas had is??  I had wondered, although I've trusted some Wilton items in the past. Might be regional, but sometimes, there is a cross contamination warning, sometimes not, sometimes, if I remember correctly, there is a combo of USA and China manufacturing/packaging or visa versa, it seems on the label, and then I just give up. Not particularly trustful of China since the Melamine in the baby formula thing. (or "Mexico" on the label, for that matter, either)  Just not enough oversight. I really cotton to "Made in Canada" though.  ;D If I don't see a "cross contamination" warning and just an allergy warning, I'm still good with it. It's my impression they take a bit of pride in their allergy awareness and limits of labelling. But that's just me. No advice intended.  :)

Oh, I found the valentine take out containers at both Michaels and Jewel.  Probably paid through the wa-ha for it, but hey, I saved some fuel, and didn't get sucked into the decorating aisles at Hobby Lobby.  ;)
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
http://shop.sweetworks.net/Celebration-Sixlets-Shimmer-White-14-oz-Peg-Bag_p_177.html

Candy coated chocolate flavored candy in a 14 oz. bag. Featuring a beautiful shimmery candy shell!

Perfect for party favors, cake and cupcake decorating, candy buffets, ice cream sundaes and more!

Ball diameter: 3/8”

Made in Canada
Gluten Free
Made in a facility that does not process nuts
Kosher Certified

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:25:14 PM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
We were at Party City (party supply store) this weekend and they have sixlets in lots of colors now (large single color packages).  I was amazed at the variety.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
I had heard Party City had them, but haven't been in to check - was really glad to see them at Hobby Lobby, too!
TX - USA