Field Trip

Started by becca, April 09, 2013, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

We eat at restaurants, and well, I always wonder about these sorts of things, even after asking, etc...  But sometimes, you gotta travel, and use restaurants, and sometimes, you just gotta have some real life fun and experience.  But, those are the calculated risks I mention.  I am there, or dh is there, we are aware, ready for what could happen, etc... 

McC, the clothing is exactly what I was thinking about.  Hands on it, jackets hanging in the bowls, etc...
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

GingerPye

. . . exactly why teachers never eat student-prepared food, LOL.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Macabre

I expect a different level of attention and cleanliness at restaurants-- moreso than other people's homes. I'm all to aware of the cross contamination I create while cooking. But kids....

Poor teacher. I really get why this project is so cool and why he wants it. I do think most of the kids will be a little immature to get the full import of it.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

becca

I hate to burst your bubble, McC, but have you ever worked in food service?  In theory, one hopes for greater attention to detail, but...when it is busy the food can fly all over.  Of course, where I worked in HS and where I would currently dine are quite different places and there is greater allergy awareness in food service these days.  But I am anxious at every dinner out on a vacation.  Away from home, away from our known places, and away from our known EMS and hospitals. 

Yes, it does sound like a great trip, but I do think much of it goes over their heads, still.  He is a great guy and invested quite a bit of time and energy in getting me more information that I requested.  sadly, for all his time, it was sorely lacking in detail for a food allergic person.  I feel bad he tried so hard, when I only needed and asked for a phone number/contact person at the farm. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview