FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Target brands: Archer Farms/Market Pantry  (Read 6424 times)

Description:

Offline pitter patter

Target brands: Archer Farms/Market Pantry
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »
I noticed some "may contains" labels on some of these products.  Has anyone ever called on these Target brands?  I am wondering if they label for shared equipment consistently. 
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Janelle205

Re: Target brands: Archer Farms/Market Pantry
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
My allergen set is way different than yours, but I did want to mention that I did have a reaction (really scary ana episode) after eating a target brand product - a risotto box mix. It read safe for my allergen set.  Was never able to determine if it was cross contamination or a new allergy. (possibly saffron - I just avoid it, which isn't too hard)

Again, probably not that helpful to you, since I'm not nut-allergic, but wanted to chime in with my experience.  I do avoid all of the rice/pasta mixes from target now, but I do eat other target brand products that have worked for me.

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:55:59 PM »
We have found them to be inconsistent about shared lines with gluten.  I know others trust them for nuts and milk but honestly they just seem like most store lines when it comes to labeling, inconsistent.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:22 AM »
From what my DH's cousin indicated is that many different companies make the "market pantry" items.  His company happens to make the apple sauce and one of the juices for the market pantry label.  So you would have to call on each item to see what they say.

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:17 PM »
Sounds like Market Pantry remains off our list of trusted brands.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA