Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Arkadia

just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

rainbow

Quote from: socks on a rooster on February 23, 2012, 11:09:17 PM
Quote from: rainbow on February 16, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
Yes my school staff also seemed very relieved when I said he wouldn't be buying lunch except for on pizza days. I met with Food Services Director to arrange for him to note his allergies on his account, and allow for purchase of pizza and  ice pops only. First question he asked was, "Does your child have a 504 Plan?"  Because you need one for Food Services to make accomodations for safe food, outlined clearly in USDA regulations.

Do you think all schools follow this? I have a friend without a 504 for pn allergy and the cafeteria has a "flag" on her account alerting them of her allergy. Would this not be the same as an accommodation?

Well, ironically (or not), our school outsources food services. So, it is the outside company that is more versed on accomodations requiring a 504 Plan (though I think they'd take precautions with an IHCP as well).  But the 504 makes it clear cut - he told me that is how they are trained - that they MUST make accomodations when the allergy is life threatening, and LTFA is covered under 504.

Jessica

Quote from: Arkadia on February 24, 2012, 01:26:03 PM
boy, I'm in trouble today. Chocolate dipped peeps in three lunches.
Chocolate dipped peeps read unsafe here. :(
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview